Why choose the Ketogenic Diet?
- Fast and visible results
- No starvation – 5 meals a day
- No yo-yo effect
- Weight loss without physical activity
- You’ll learn to eat regularly and smaller portions
- Dropping the blood sugar levels
- Dropping the level of (bad) LDL cholesterol and increasing the level of (good) HDL cholesterol
- Reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Removal of cellulite
- Skin improvement
How to reach ketosis?
Getting into the state of ketosis is not focused on complete elimination of carbohydrates, but rather limiting their intake. Some carbohydrates must be digested to maintain our body functions as our body breaks down carbohydrates to glucose which is used by double-membrane-bound organelle called mitochondria for energy production. Ingesting 50 grams of carbohydrates per day is recommended but the typical daily intake is around 300 grams. A balanced keto diet menu should focus on eating a reasonable amount of vegetables containing fibre, nuts, avocadoes and other foods that contain healthy, unsaturated fatty acids.
Adjusting to keto diet foods doesn’t need to be difficult with our protein-based keto diet menu consisting of specially formulated meals. Our Chia Shake products are low in carbohydrates and high in proteins, with a well-balanced ratio of vitamins and minerals to make sure you get the nutrition you need.
Ketogenic diet plan
Our diet products replace sugars and carbohydrates with high-quality proteins. With the ketogenic Chia Shake diet, you do not need to starve yourself or be constantly exercising. Our keto diet menu includes delicious Chia Shake protein meals (Shakes, Mashes, Soups, Pancakes) that you can eat five times a day. These meals can fully replace previous meals and are rich in proteins and fibres along with all the vitamins and minerals that you need. The chia seeds in our products will give you the healthy Omega 3 fatty acids and satisfy your hunger urges.
The Ketogenic diet with Chia Shake has 3 phases. Phase 1 – Rapid weight loss. Phase 2 – Losing a few kilos. Phase 3 – Stabilising.
How long should I stick with the Ketogenic Diet?
- Phase 1: No longer than 2 months
- Phase 2: 1 month
- Phase 3: from 14-30 days
The whole diet program should last around 3-4 months. During that time you will lose weight and returning to healthy eating habits.
Throughtout the whole diet adhere to:
- ingestion of 2-3 liters of liquid: unflavored water, unsweetened green or herbal tea;
- regular eating: 3-4 hours between meals and eating the last meal no later than 2 hours before bedtime;
- consumption of fresh vegetables;
- ingestion of healthy fats (omega 3 fatty acids): nuts, avocadoes, and olive oil.
What must be avoided during the Ketogenic Diet?
- pastries and sweets as it increases the blood sugal level;
- consumption of alcohol, especially beer (in Phase 2 you are allowed ONLY 2 deciliters of red wine a day). Alcohol contains relatively high amounts of sugar which is undesirable for the keto diet;
- sweetening with sugar or honey;
- excessive side dishes (in the third phase);
- chewing gums with sugar.